Shoot The Breeze Comics is currently looking for new staff writers to join our family!
We have spaces available for our news team! As a member of our news team you would:
- report on press releases from every major publisher
- search the web for more news
- have the option to apply for press passes to conventions
- have access to review copies for almost every comic (READ COMICS EARLY!!)
- have the opportunity to share your feelings through our opinion pieces
- have the opportunity to conduct interviews with creators
We here at Shoot The Breeze Comics believe in fair and level-headed reporting. We all have our personal opinions but when it comes to the news we report the facts and the facts alone. We give you the opportunity to discuss personal feelings and opinions in our opinion (op-ed) series: The Breeze Is Down.
We do not report on rumors, leaks, or engage in harassment. We do not tolerate racial or anti-LGBTQ slurs in articles (unless the material is being quoted from a source) or any other pieces or interactions. We are a diverse family made up of folks from all walks of life. It is all about respect.
- These positions are unpaid.
- We are working very hard to rectify that, but in the meantime, we offer experience in comic journalism and free access to any and all comics you could want to read.
- No minors
- Applications from persons under the age of 18 will not be considered.
- Morning availability is a plus.
- This is especially important
- Applicants must provide us with a first and last name.
- Like any other outlet, we reserve the right to vet our applicants.
- We reserve the right to terminate for any reason.
- For example, leaks of advanced material WILL NOT be tolerated and will result in immediate termination.
- We welcome applicants from all side of the spectrum.
- However, regardless of any affiliations, you will show respect to your fellow reporters, STBC family members, and our readers.
- Accepted applicants would begin work immediately.
Applications are HERE (You should hear back in, at maximum, 48 hours.)
Contact us HERE if you have questions or concerns.